Friday 4 February 2011

Quick post before I learn how to animate

Thought I'd get a blog post done before uni uni and what's probably the best lesson we've been given; actually learning animation techniques :) So glad we're finally learning it.

But on to what I've been up to since my last post. I've had so much trouble with modelling ears, I've done them before but I realised I need something to make my character a little less generic so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and model some headphones for my character.

I chose the chunkier headphone models as a reference image and started to model some in 3DS Max but they still need texturing and that's gonna require something a little more than shaders, I'm going to have to UV map and make the textures myself.

Anyway, here are the headphones I modelled (and the guy wearing them):



Found it kind of difficult to rehape them to fit his head and I didn't really see any point rigging them to open and close but I might do that later if I want to animate them at all.

A short blog post and not massively interesting but I've been busy. Did manage to get some more done on my drawing of Julie Benz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment