Wednesday 9 February 2011

Eyelashes and Monocles

Hey, I'm back for another quick blog post before I settle down for the night. Today I've spent most of the day both changing the shape of my character's (the waitress) eyes and making some eyelashes for her. It's been the biggest pain so far, a whole day staring at the screen trying to make eyelashes...

Anyway, I think i've finally cracked it and i'm getting somewhere. They're looking a lot better than before anyway, but you guys can be the judge (I'd appreciate any pointers):

Before and After:


Other than that I've just been playing around with my Wacom, trying to get used to it again. Also trying to draw some more cartoony characters as I figure I can't always draw realistically.
This is the result of that:


Not too great but I'll get that cartoon style eventually :) At least he has some personality.

While I'm sitting here with the songs from Tangled stuck in my head (saw it again - amazing film) I'll post one of them, anybody who hasn't seen it - see it. Anyone who has I'm guessing you loved it so go get the soundtrack.

Here's an awesome villain song, on the levels of Jafar and Ursula. You've gone and done it again Disney, and this time in CG! So glad they've finally cracked it.

2 comments:

  1. nice post, love that doodle, he's got so much character, looks really snooty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thanks :) That's what I was going for. I might do a post full of doodles soon. I've got so many lying about in sketchbooks everywhere. Lots and lots of realistic eyes (which I'm sure you'll appreciate lol)

    ReplyDelete