Thursday 10 February 2011

Behind the scenes at Pixar and more texturing..

So what have I been doing over the last day... about the same as every other day this week, trying to get my characters looking right. Most of my time has been focused on the main female character and after hours on tweaking I'm getting close to what I want for her. There are going on a hundred different files for this part of the project and it's getting to be taking up a lot of time but I'm finally enjoying it. Here's what I have so far, and what will probably change again very soon as I look over it, picking the faults as usual (the nose and mouth are in the process of being reshaped so I've cropped them out):


As you can see, the shape is a lot better but I'm still having trouble making them look somewhat cute and the eyes of someone you could empathise with. If anyone can give me any pointers on this I'd really appreciate it.

Other than that, somebody on Twitter (can't remember who sorry) posted a link to the New York Times website to a really awesome video behind the scenes of Pixar. I mean, I'm sure any of you animators out there have seen a number of these videos but they always make me happy to see. Plus, I think they're a great thing to look at if you're feeling disheartened or struggling with something. Really give you something to work for! I thought it was great anyways so thought I'd share it with anyone listening, give it a watch I'm sure you'll like it too.

I'll post another update when I've got some free time, I'm heading back home for the weekend for my brother's birthday so might struggle to fit one in. Anyway, here's the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment