Wednesday 2 February 2011

Characters and Bookshelves

Well correction; a single bookshelf. After finding out we were staying in the same accomodation next year, my flatmate and I (both animators) decided to get a bookshelf to hold all of our animation/drawing books/graphic novels/regular novels. It was a pain to carry all the way to our apartment but it's looking great now and displays our books awesomely.



Oh and an awesome Return of the Jedi poster to add to how great it's looking.



Anyway, onto some CG stuff because I can't keep going on about shevling all through this post. I've been creating the base model for the male character for my animation and it's looking really good. I started with the base model of the female that I worked on and deleted chunks including the chest and the bottom of the back and manipluated the rest of the vertices to make the shape look much more male. I used some reference but mainly what knowledge I have on anatomy to make sure it looks fairly realistic. Here's the body of the male character with clothes modelled on top of the original figure:



I then started to model the head and as I wanted to keep as much realism as possible and for the character to have that average guy sort of look, I used reference images of the actor Andrew Garfield (the guy cast as the new Peter Parker, not that anyone reading this wouldn't know that) and modelled to his facial features, and afterwards changing it to look different. I added a quick model of some hair, which I'm pretty sure I won't keep, to make him look a little less odd and here's what I got:



I'm going to continue modelling and start texturing the character and work on changing the female character to get a much softer body shape as it's looking quite angular at the moment. Tiring day and I have a lot to do (and a lot I won't get done) so I'm going to end this blog post now. I should get another post done tomorrow morning if you want to check back. Until then, why not enjoy an animation I saw today, it's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment