Monday 16 May 2011

Three down, one to go

It's been a ridiculously long time since my last post so I thought I'd make this a good one.

Firstly, third year is pretty much finished!

I've been busy completing my animated final piece for this year which I am happy to say is done and handed in now. I'll cut straight to it, here's my final animated piece. I'm not completely happy with it but I never am. The final render had a couple of glitches but overall I think I've learnt so much from this project and I'm really pleased with the overall visual style of it. Anyway, here it is:



Well I can't really say much that what do you guys think? I'm fairly pleased with the outcome although I think my main problem throughout was how limiting my rigs were. This problem can pretty much only be fixed by going back to the original models and although we were allowed to carry on with this project next year, I've decided to start something totally different. I think I've got the most out of this animation as I can at the moment and really can't wait to start on another project.

Speaking of that, I've been brainstorming ideas for animations I could do over the next couple of months while I have time to develop my skills. One idea that I've had, which I'm really pleased involves a gypsy, an old man and a love potion gone wrong. It was inspired by a song that I'll hopefully be using as the soundtrack and I'm excited to start working on it straight away.

I started working on some concepts for the gypsy character and as soon as I have a few different designs I'll upload them here. Other than that I've been working on my showreel for this year. The only problem with this is that I've not actually got a lot of finished pieces of animation to put into it. So I decided to make a short animation with an alien rig I downloaded to finish my showreel off.

So I'll leave you with that. I'm off now to read and think about my next project, hope you enjoy it. Tomorrow I'll try to upload my showreel.

Also just realised that I uploaded the wrong resolution render of the animation so I'll uplo

No comments:

Post a Comment