Friday 28 January 2011

Some of the Classics

First post on a brand new blog.

I plan for this blog to be much more about the career I'm working towards; Animation. My previous blog was more personal and honestly contained a lot more random posts on tv/film and cartoons than the actual industry. So this blog will follow me as I learn more about animation (I'm currently in my 3rd year studying animation at University) and I'll share anything from visual effects and animation in movies to how they're both used in television.

Hope you animation fans enjoy reading and to start with I'll go back a fair bit to some of the greatest animators of all time and some showreels I found on another animator's blog.
Enjoy, and I'll blog again with some of my personal work, both in animation and plain old drawing.

http://www.thadkomorowski.com/classic-animator-reels/

My personal favourite here has to be Ken Harris. I have no idea how many hours I would spend watching Duck Amuck as a kid on my Looney Tunes VHS. I'm pretty sure the video was watched to death as the last time I attempted to play it, it wouldn't start... thank god for DVD :)

First is:

Bobe Cannon



Art Davis



John Gentilella



Ken Harris



Emery Hawkins



Bill Melendez



Rod Scribner



Irv Spence



Jim Tyer

No comments:

Post a Comment